Based on our discussion today about the connections between the song, “Alexander Hamilton” and the 13 colonies of the American Revolution, please respond with the following:
1. List each of the Big Ideas for the Socials 9 Curriculum:
- Emerging ideas and ideologies profoundly influence societies and events.
- Disparities in power alter the balance of relationship between individuals and between societies.
- Collective identity is constructed and can change over time.
- The Physical environment influences the nature of political, social, and economic change.
2. Under each Big Idea, choose a passage from “Alexander Hamilton” that you believe best exemplifies this idea.
3. Provide a brief (2-3 sentence) explanation of how this passage highlights or demonstrates this Big Idea, using your knowledge of the American Revolution so far.